The Fangreaders Awards: "Meet the Authors" Click here to read the interviews

Wednesday 20 March 2013

Meet the Authors Part 28

Queequeg111

Nomination

 

The Lafayette Reynolds Award    Best Alternate Universe Fanfic

For the purpose for this award Alternate Universe A/U means any fic that takes the characters out of the "canonical" world of SVM or True Blood

“The Procurer”

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8716411/1/The-Procurer

The Interview

 

1. What inspired you to write and how long have you been writing?

I have been writing for a little over 2 years, maybe 3 off and on (took an unexpected 8 month hiatus). I was inspired by reading all the awesome fanfic I found and wanting a bit of fluff and distraction for myself. I wanted a chance to steer things where I wanted them to go, story and character-wise. I had always written short stories and poetry here and there, but never posted it anywhere more than a few people could read it. I thought I would post it and get some real critique, other than the only nice things friends and family are obligated to say :)

2. Do you have a plan for the end of your story or do you make it up as you go along?

I would love to say I'm organized and professional enough to plan it but...nope! I completely wing it. Some general ideas, I do plan, but I let my mood and the previous chapter lead me.

3. Who are your favorite SVM/TB characters and why?

Hmm...Eric, Pam, Claudine and Bill, in the books. Eric, Pam, Godric, Jessica, Jason, Lafayette, Terry and Andy Bellefleure on the show. Isn't that funny-as much as I get so mad at the show for having so many side stories and characters, I really like a lot of them.

4. What was the first fan fiction story that you read? Gosh, I can't remember exactly-I think it was Eric, by DeeDee. Or else, Pour Some Sugar on Me, by Bon Temps Baby. Yeah, talk about setting the bar a little high, right? Epic fanfic authors. Absolutely.

5. What question would you like to be asked and never have been?

Would you like a wake up call for you and your husband, Mrs. Skarsgard?

No, thank you. Please do not disturb us. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment~

Readers Review

Tell us about a great fanfic you have read. You can fill out the embedded form or go to http://bit.ly/FangReview