The Fangreaders Awards: "Meet the Authors" Click here to read the interviews

Wednesday 6 March 2013

Meet the Authors Part 20

Choices2Make
Nominations
The Bill Compton Award      Best Angst Fanfic
Any fanfic with dark themes can be submitted.  If it contains any extreme scenes, there needs to be some sort of warning to the reader.
“Dead Alone”
The Interview
1. What inspired you to write and how long have you been writing?
The fanfiction writers and community are responsible for inspiring me to give writing a chance. I’d never done any writing except for my journals and what was required in college and graduate school, but that was never very creative work. I started playing around with this story, never expecting to post it, about a year before I did finally start posting.
2. Do you have a plan for the end of your story or do you make it up as you go along?
I have a firm ending for my story. Actually, I had an original ending, many chapters ago, but realized with the help of my readers that there was much more I needed to tie up. So now I’m working toward another firm ending. As for everything in the middle…I have important details I need to cover in each chapter, but the rest fills itself in as I go along.
3. Who are your favorite SVM/TB characters and why?
Charlaine Harris did a beautiful job of creating her characters. I personally love characters who have the most potential for growth and malleability to their stories. Sookie and Eric are perfect examples. Eric’s character is exciting to play with because his long history offers infinite possibilities and he is so dynamic with the combination of hard and soft that he presents. Sookie is a more static character in her personality, but CH left enough unexplained about her to give us a lot to dream about on our own. I love the flaws in her that make her less than perfect and more like us. If I had to choose a third character as a favorite, it would be Niall, again for the many ways he can be manipulated while sticking to the original snapshot CH gave to us.
4. What was the first fan fiction story that you read?
My kindle tells me that the first story I transferred from FF was ‘Death Is The Road To Awe’ by Drumbo, a crossover of Twilight and SVM. It’s unfinished, but I know I enjoyed what there was of it. My memory tells me it was Terri Botta’s ‘Let Love In.
5. What question would you like to be asked and never have been?
I’m quite shy about discussing my writing with people. I’ve only recently begun to tell friends that my hobby is creative writing, so I haven’t been asked a lot of questions yet. That has a lot to do with my developing confidence as a new writer.
I guess I’d love to be asked a question that would challenge me to defend the growth of a character or the line of a plot so I’d be forced to think everything through and make sure I was on the right track.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment~

Readers Review

Tell us about a great fanfic you have read. You can fill out the embedded form or go to http://bit.ly/FangReview