The Fangreaders Awards: "Meet the Authors" Click here to read the interviews

Friday 8 March 2013

Meet the Authors Part 22


VampQueenV
Nominations
The Nan Flanagan Award     Best Villainess in a Fanfic
This award is for a fanfic that has the best villainess (female villain).  Character can be canon or original character.
“Torn to Shreds”
The Dr Ludwig Award     Best Novella/ Novelette Length Fanfic
Fanfic must be at least 2 chapters AND No more than 40,000 words. Completed Fanfics Only.
“Sex on Fire”
The Interview
1. What inspired you to write and how long have you been writing?
I’ve been writing stories on and off since I was a child, be it for fun or school work. I started writing fan fiction in 2007. I saw the first X-Men film and fell in love with the characters. It would have been around the same time I got my first computer and I found fan fiction. I had so many different ideas swimming around in my head and I just decided to start writing them. I moved onto different fandoms, finally ending up with Southern Vampire Mysteries/True Blood.
2. Do you have a plan for the end of your story or do you make it up as you go along?
I have the basic ending planned out for all my stories, and I do try to plot them out, but honestly I’m horrible for following my own plans. There are certain things in my stories that I planned from the beginning, but for the most part I make it up as I go along. Which can be both a good and bad thing if I’m truthful. The only thing I’m 100% sure of when I start a new fic, is whether or not it’s going to have a happy ending or not.
3. Who are your favorite SVM/TB characters and why?
Sookie. I know a lot of people find her childish and bratty, but given the life she leads who can really blame her? Sookie has a strength that is often overlooked because it’s not a physical strength. She’s stronger that a lot of the other characters. She has morals and conviction of character that’s not often seen in female leads. She isn’t afraid to speak her mind and stand up for what she believes is right. Is she always right? No. But who is?
4. What was the first fan fiction story that you read?
Oh God, let me think. I think it was Hamburger Hill by FarDareisMai2. I remember I started reading SVM fan fiction around the time they were doing the Summer of 69 contest. I think that was the first one I read.
5. What question would you like to be asked and never have been?
 
Oh, this is a tough one. Is, can I pay you to write fan fiction, acceptable?

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment~

Readers Review

Tell us about a great fanfic you have read. You can fill out the embedded form or go to http://bit.ly/FangReview