The Fangreaders Awards: "Meet the Authors" Click here to read the interviews

Sunday 3 March 2013

Meet the Authors Part 14

 
Carroll E. Stewart
Nomination
The Jason Stackhouse Award   Best Comedy Fanfic
This can include a one shot or multi chapter
“Preemptive Strike: TB, Season Five, The Finale”
The Interview
1. What inspired you to write and how long have you been writing?
I am a story teller.  LOLOLOLOLOLOL….I have been since I was a little girl. I have always thought that everyone wanted the back story on what was  going on around them and it was my job to tell them.  If they actually stopped to listen it could get very fanciful. 
My Barbie and Midge dolls lived great adventures.    
I have been writing stories ever since they were assigned to me in grade school.   Think very early 1960’s.  That was always my favorite part of school.  The writing exercises.
2.  Do you have a plan for the end of your story or do you make it up as you go along? 
There is always one defining moment that drives the story to the end. (For Preemptive Strike, it was all the Grandmas leaning out the windows on the bus and calling encouragement to Lance and to State Trooper  Guinn. Yes, I know, go figure.  But I had that image in my mind and so there I went to get to that point in the story.)  I won’t know how it actually ends until I get past that one defining moment.  So I guess I make it up as I go along. 
3.  Who are your favorite SVM/TB characters and why?
Lafayette Reynolds.  He’s smart, he’s funny, and he is playing the hand that he has been dealt.   He does not overtly bitch about it, just takes on another job and walks the road that is his life.
Mistakes, he owes to them.  Love, he wants it for his own.  Life, sometimes it just sucks but you put on your favorite red lipstick and ruby slippers and stare life in the eye and say, “You justs brings that mo’ fo’n bad ass time on.  I’m buyins the next round.  Hopes yous is here to enjoys!” 
4.  What was the first fan fiction story that you read? 
I am laughing, here. So I guess  that does not include the first fan fiction story that I wrote.  That was spun off Stoker’s Dracula in the late 1960’s. 
I guess that honor would be one of the TV shows that started it all.  Think early 70’s.  “The Trouble with Tribbles.”  Yes, Star Trek.  I had a friend who loved that episode.  She wrote a scene where there was a Tribble pet shop.  I did the editing for her…yes…I can edit everyone’s but by own….lolololol…..Gene Roddenberry was coming to campus (Oklahoma State University) that week to speak and show Star Trek bloopers. 
5.  What question would you like to be asked and never have been?
5.  If you could live  your life  all over again, what would you do differently?
Actually I would not change a whole lot.  Mistakes are the only thing you can truly call you own.  I would like to learn from them…all of them and not make them, again.
I  would be kinder.   Nicer.   A better person tomorrow than I was, today, in whatever capacity that I was lacking at that moment.
That smile and good morning that I dispense to those folks I pass by…it needs to always come from my heart….that may be the only kind words that person hears all day. 
I really do believe that we entertain angels unawares.  I wish that was my approach to everyone I meet.  Some days are better than others…I need to work on that.
Thanks for reading!
Stake Compton, bring on The Viking!


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment~

Readers Review

Tell us about a great fanfic you have read. You can fill out the embedded form or go to http://bit.ly/FangReview