The Fangreaders Awards: "Meet the Authors" Click here to read the interviews

Monday 11 March 2013

Meet the Authors Part 24

HoneyPop

Nominations

The Longshadow Award     Best One Shot Fanfic

This award is for a fanfic that is a one chapter story.

“Eric Northman: Drunk and Disorderly”  

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8493864/1/Eric-Northman-Drunk-and-Disorderly

The Dr Ludwig Award     Best Novella/ Novelette Length Fanfic

Fanfic must be at least 2 chapters AND No more than 40,000 words. Completed Fanfics Only.

“Getting Back on the Bike”

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7774744/1/Getting-Back-on-the-Bike

The Interview

1. What inspired you to write and how long have you been writing?

I've been writing fanfiction since early 2010. I've only ever written SVM or True Blood fanfic. I got into True Blood, then read all the books, and wanted more! I loved them; the characters, the world, everything. I think we were up to Dead and Gone by that point. So much happened in that book and the way it ended, I don't know, I just couldn't wait to know more! I think I searched online for some clues as to how the plot of the next book might develop, and somehow that search led me to ffnet. I read through a few stories and I was hooked. I thought I'd give it a go myself, since I had all these ideas on what I wanted to see happen to these characters, and it just went from there.

I started writing Dead or Alive sort of obsessively, like I'd spend hours and hours just writing and writing and staying up until the early hours typing away. It was a bit of a shock to me, really, I didn't realise I had it in me! Getting feedback from the readers was brilliant, and it just spurred me on. I finished that first story pretty quickly, posting a chapter every few days.

Maybe a third of the way through Stacey contacted me and asked if I wanted a Beta to help me out. I was like 'beta?' I was a bit oblivious to the whole thing. But I said, 'great!' and she has been really awesome. Because I'm from England I was always using English spelling when I first started out, even though I was trying to stay true to the books and the style and everything. I was also making quite a few mistakes, grammatical and whatnot! I've definitely got better since she started helping me! I can't even tell you how awesome Stacey's been. God bless the Betas!

I don't write as much as I used to, maybe it's lack or inspiration or time or something. I do still have spurts where I'll write a lot, and then the enthusiasm will disappear. Beginning a new multi-chapter fic just seems like a mountain I can't climb anymore (my knees hurt, it's a joint problem), but I still write one shots reasonably regularly, usually posting them on my tumblr blog. Maybe when the last SVM book is published It'll set the flame burning again. I'm almost hoping not, though, since I hope everything is pretty much tied up and they live happily ever after and whatnot by the end of the series!

2. Do you have a plan for the end of your story or do you make it up as you go along?

I'd love to say I had it all planned out but I never have, I just make it up as I go along. That's the joy of fanfiction, right?!

3. Who are your favorite SVM/TB characters and why?

Eric is my favourite character, I love Sookie too, show and book version (mainly book). Pam is a book fave but I'm not quite as keen on TB Pam. I love Godric and Lafayette on the show, and I like book and show Sam and Jason.

In terms of writing, my favourite characters to write are book Eric, Sookie and Pam.

4. What was the first fan fiction story that you read?

I have a feeling it was Let Love In by Terri Botta. This seems to be the same for a lot of people, I think! I don't know how or why that might be. I'm pretty sure everyone has already read it, but if you haven't, find it!

5. What question would you like to be asked and never have been?

If you were going to do a karaoke duet with any True Blood cast member who would it be and what song would you choose?

I'd sing Islands in the Stream with Chris Bauer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment~

Readers Review

Tell us about a great fanfic you have read. You can fill out the embedded form or go to http://bit.ly/FangReview