The Fangreaders Awards: "Meet the Authors" Click here to read the interviews

Friday 1 March 2013

Meet the Authors Part 13

 
Ooshka
Nomination
Mr Cataliades Award    Best Series Fanfic
Must have at least one completed fanfic with at least one continuing story (the sequel may be a multi-chapter fic, a one shot, or an outtake). Sequel does not need to be completed.
Homestay Series”
 
1. What inspired you to write and how long have you been writing?
I read all the SVM books towards the end of my last pregnancy, and then moved on to fanfiction, which I found fantastic when the baby was born as I couldn’t feed her and hold a book, but I could scroll down with my laptop mouse with my free hand. And then I stopped breastfeeding and took up writing, inspired by all the stories I’d read where people had taken the characters back to where they lived. That was in July 2010 and I haven’t stopped writing since.
2. Do you have a plan for the end of your story or do you make it up as you go along?
A bit of both, really. I usually have an idea where I’m going, but the details get filled out as I write. Having said that with my first story it changed as I was writing it and ended up something quite different but, I think, better.
3. Who are your favorite SVM/TB characters and why?
Sookie is always my number one. I just love her optimism in the face of adversity. And I have quite a soft spot for Pam, although there’s nothing soft about her.
4. What was the first fan fiction story that you read?
I read so much at the beginning and I had major pregnancy brain so they all blend together. I remember though that Thyra10’s ‘Dead in Denmark’ really stood out to me, and the fact it wasn’t set in the U.S. got me thinking.
5.What question would you like to be asked and never have been?
It would have to be “Would you like me to come to your house, look after you kids and maybe do some light housework while you get stuck into some serious writing?” The answer would always be a resounding  “Yes!’
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment~

Readers Review

Tell us about a great fanfic you have read. You can fill out the embedded form or go to http://bit.ly/FangReview