The Fangreaders Awards: "Meet the Authors" Click here to read the interviews

Sunday 10 March 2013

Meet the Authors Part 23


Yerelly
Nomination
The Dr Ludwig Award     Best Novella/ Novelette Length Fanfic
Fanfic must be at least 2 chapters AND No more than 40,000 words. Completed Fanfics Only.
“Vampire Bait”  
The Interview
1. What inspired you to write and how long have you been writing?
When I began reading the SVM stories I had no idea how many sites were on the internet for fanfic, in fact I wasn’t aware a sites like that existed. I began fantasizing in my head “What if” stories just as many authors had come up with their own version of what would’ve happened. At first I was hesitant to write, because English is not my first language and I’m not very good in the grammar department. I was shocked when I saw how many people liked one of my stories, even with all the mistakes that still has. Still I was very shocked and so that encourage me to keep writing. I’m trying to improve my writing skills by going to school and also I have learned a lot from the wonderful Betas that had helped me with my stories along the way.
2. Do you have a plan for the end of your story or do you make it up as you go along?
Most of the time I don’t have the end figured it out, just parts of the story. I might have the beginning and middle, but the end has never been part of my first thought process. Sometimes I even surprise myself, like with Vampire Bait; I had not figured out the end until I wrote it.
3. Who are your favorite SVM/TB characters and why?
SVM, Amelia: she is very smart, wicked and has a fun personality to play with. There is so much to her character that is left unsaid, so it is easy to make up story lines for her.
TB, Godric: He is very unlike other vampires and so caring, it is hard not to not like him.
Both, Pam: She is just so fun and I love how she teases Eric and Sookie in the books. I like her quotes. I can’t still forget she wore Wal-mart sweat pants, that was hilarious. Lol.
Both, Eric: Who doesn’t like him, one would have to be blind not to…oh, yeah in True Blood he is so hot. I loved the scene in season three where he tells Russell that he has finally found a true leader. Is one of my favorite quotes from him, especially because Russell bought it. In the books I like the hidden conversations between him and Bill that Sookie can never figure out.
4. What was the first fan fiction story that you read?
The lust trilogy series by EricFancier. In fact that is how I found the fanfiction site. I was reading the stories on True Blood Paint Wiki. One of the forums mentioned where the stories where posted and that’s how I found this wonderful world.
5. What question would you like to be asked and never have been?
Hmmm, this one is hard. I guess one my husband asks me all the time, how do you come up with this stuff? Answer: I have no idea, seriously. Sometimes due to my health I’m so medicated (like today) I have no idea where my ideas pop from, but it helps me relieve the stress from my everyday life. I love writing and that is why I’m trying to improve my English skills, so that I can do it better.
Thank you for choosing Vampire Bait, I’m truly honored. I cried when I read the email (and no I was not under medications that day).
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment~

Readers Review

Tell us about a great fanfic you have read. You can fill out the embedded form or go to http://bit.ly/FangReview