The Fangreaders Awards: "Meet the Authors" Click here to read the interviews

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Meet the Author Part 17

AlphaEN
Nominations

Mr Cataliades Award   Best Series Fanfic
Must have at least one completed fanfic with at least one continuing story (the sequel may be a multi-chapter fic, a one shot, or an outtake). Sequel does not need to be completed.
“Put Me First/Die Tonight Rule Tomorrow”
The following Nominations are for the fan fiction
“Die Tonight Rule Tomorrow”   http://alphafang.wordpress.com/svm-fanfic/die-tonight-rule-tomorrow/
The Preston Pardloe Award    Best Mystery Fanfic
Any size fanfic that has a well written mystery plot
  The Adele Stackhouse Award     Readers Choice Fanfic Your choice for any fanfic that deserves recognition for excellence regardless of genre.
The Interview 1. What inspired you to write and how long have you been writing?
I was very impatient to find out what happened next after book 10. I was surfing the web one night and stumbled upon a chat mentioning SVM fanfiction. I have read hundreds of stories since then, and some of them were so good I would stay up till dawn, engrossed into reading. The love for Sookie, enthusiasm, and craftsmanship those stories possessed gave me a nudge in the direction I wanted to see our favorite couple move on. I had an idea, and I started working on a one shot, and it turned into a Convoluted Conversation - Chapter One of Put Me First. I have been writing on and off for over two years. Put Me First is now complete, and a sequel is in progress.
 
2. Do you have a plan for the end of your story or do you make it up as you go along?Somewhere along Ch 10 of Put Me First my plan for the story was finalized. I knew where I was taking the characters and what the end game would be. I may take different paths to get there, detours, and side-stories, but the end result is set in my mind. The most important thing for me is to make sure the main characters are not OOC and that their growth and development are natural and make sense to the reader.

3. Who are your favorite SVM/TB characters and why? Of course Sookie and Eric. She is such an amazing woman, how can we not love her? Strong, devoted, loyal, hardworking - Eric said it best (and that's why he is my favorite character, too.)
4. What was the first fan fiction story that you read?
Pour Some Sugar on Me by BonTempsBaby. I could see from chapter to chapter the progress the writer was making, and it was mind-blowing. The story felt real to me, and although I may not agree with some of the changed the author incorporated into Sookie's and Eric's characters, I enjoyed her version of SVM very much. Also, it set the bar very high for me, because technically, grammatically, and literally-wise it's written better than some original published stories I have had a chance to read.

4. What was the first fan fiction story that you read?
Pour Some Sugar on Me by BonTempsBaby. I could see from chapter to chapter the progress the writer was making, and it was mind-blowing. The story felt real to me, and although I may not agree with some of the changed the author incorporated into Sookie's and Eric's characters, I enjoyed her version of SVM very much. Also, it set the bar very high for me, because technically, grammatically, and literally-wise it's written better than some original published stories I have had a chance to read.
5. What question would you like to be asked and never have been? 
Do you identify yourself with Sookie?
No, I don't, but I find many similarities in how she and I look at the world around us. The real challenge was to be able to shift between Sookie's POV and Eric's POV in Put Me First without compromising the wholesomeness of each. I had to put myself into their shoes, forbid myself to feel or think anything that the character wouldn't, and become them in my mind. At times, the creative process took me to very dark places, making me relive painful events in my own past. But I also learned to see and appreciate opposing points of view better, in fanfiction and in RL as well. I don't have to condone or accept certain things, but I understand the reasons behind them, and it helps me find ways to deal with difficult situations.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment~

Readers Review

Tell us about a great fanfic you have read. You can fill out the embedded form or go to http://bit.ly/FangReview