The Fangreaders Awards: "Meet the Authors" Click here to read the interviews

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Meet the Author Part 18

Thyra10
Nominations
The Jason Stackhouse Award      Best Comedy Fanfic This can include a one shot or multi chapter.
“Eric the Viking or How I Met the Man of my Dreams”
The Following nominations are for the fanfic
“Sookie the Shieldmaiden”
The Hoyt Fortenberry Award      Best All Human Fanfic This award is for a fanfic that has no supernatural characters.   The Adele Stackhouse Award     Readers Choice Fanfic Your choice for any fanfic that deserves recognition for excellence regardless of genre.
The Interview 1. What inspired you to write and how long have you been writing? I`ve been writing since I was a kid but what inspired me to write in English – which is not my mother tongue – was online friends pushing me and encouraging me. I still find the pushing/encouragement from readers very inspiring and that`s what I love about fanfiction, all the comments and PMs from people reading my stories. The other inspiration is fun. I love writing. I love playing around with words and characters, making them do things and trying out new situations. I never played with dolls so I guess there`s a void I need to fill. 2. Do you have a plan for the end of your story or do you make it up as you go along? I usually have a beginning and an ending when I start writing – and I often write the ending just after I`ve written the beginning. I also have a few scenes I know will be in the story. They may not be important to the story but they will definitely be scenes I`ll enjoy writing. I often think out those scenes while on the bus or just before I go to sleep and I`ll look forward to writing them. The rest of it I make up as I go along. 3. Who are your favorite SVM/TB characters and why? Sookie Stackhouse, obviously. She is the main character and the leading lady and I will also love any character who treats her well (they aren`t many). But Eric Northman, the Viking, also holds a special place in my heart. Not because I think he treats Sookie all that well but simply because he`s a Viking. I love everything Vikingy and always have. It`s part of my cultural heritage and I may be a bit … hmmm … obsessive when it comes to Vikings. If I ever met Eric Northman – and survived that meeting – I wouldn`t want to be his girlfriend or fu.. ahem kiss him. I would arm wrestle him (as if) until he gave me any and all details about his human life. 4. What was the first fan fiction story that you read? I think my first fanfiction was Let Love In. In the beginning I probably read every SVM fanfic that was posted. Luckily it wasn`t that many or I would have had to quit my job and give up my kids for adoption. After a while I learned what to look for when I picked my reads. 5. What question would you like to be asked and never have been? Question: “Would you like to have a year off from work, full pay included, so you could have time to write?” Answer (after jumping up and down for a few minutes): “Yes, please!”




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment~

Readers Review

Tell us about a great fanfic you have read. You can fill out the embedded form or go to http://bit.ly/FangReview