The Fangreaders Awards: "Meet the Authors" Click here to read the interviews

Monday 4 March 2013

Meet the Author Part 15

Ficlit 78
Nomination
The Dr Ludwig Award     Best Novella/ Novelette Length Fanfic
Fanfic must be at least 2 chapters AND No more than 40,000 words. Completed Fanfics Only.
Five, as Agreed Upon”
The Interview
1. What inspired you to write and how long have you been writing?
Well, that's easy.  I've been writing fanfiction since 2009 when another one of my shows (Okay, I'll admit it.  It was the Mentalist.  I know, I know.  Lame.) was refusing to allow my ship to shag on network television.  Jerks.  So I went online to find juicier versions of their relationship.  But sadly, there weren't any.  The ship was fairly new and didn't have a huge following, so its library was weak.  It drove me crazy.  I finally lost it and decided to write my OWN smut.  They became my dirty, dirty brain puppets and I was immediately hooked.  Suddenly tv sex, even cable sex, wasn't enough, and I started writing for other shows.  Any couple I fangirled over, I wrote about.  And people reviewing my work became addictive in itself.  So many nice folks!  And we all shared a love of sex that was intense and often rough, but loving and happy.  In a nutshell, sex is awesome.  The more written about it, the better.

2. Do you have a plan for the end of your story or do you make it up as you go along?
Totally make it up.  I have zero idea where I'm going when I get a bug to write a story.  I'm as clueless as my readers!  That's why it's so fun to write, because it's from the edge of my seat. 

3. Who are your favorite SVM/TB characters and why?
 
My groin answer is Eric.  I've never read the books (I hate when canon conflicts, so I'll read them when the show's over.), but TB Eric is so beautiful.  He and Sookie (if the show writers would pull their finger out) would actually be wonderful together, and I cried when Sookie blew him off without giving their non-mojo'd relationship a chance.  It was tragic.  They've never been together as themselves and that's just wrong.  So I write to rectify that.  My cerebral answer is Lafayette.  He is a true gem.  Well acted, fascinating to look at, has the best lines- the whole nine yards.  If I were a gay man, he'd be my biggest groin favorite ever.

4. What was the first fan fiction story that you read?
 
I suspect like many here, my first fanfic experience was Buffy.  Specifically, Buffy and Spike.  I can't help but notice how I like ships where a supernatural girl has a one-time relationship with a dark brooder who bores the hell out of me with his tortured, self-indulgent crap, then she ends up in a battle to the sex with a blonde jerk who turns into a prince against his will because of her good influence.  It's like going from being with an out-of-work coffee house poet to a playboy asshole with a filthy mouth and a mean streak.   I think every girl wants that, to learn about herself in a bad relationship, and then have the power to tame a beautiful monster and make him a better version of himself in the next one.  It's the ultimate power trip, I imagine. 

5. What question would you like to be asked and never have been?

Hm.  That's a tricky one.  I guess I'd like my family and friends to ask what I'm writing about, all hunched over the computer for hours the way I do.  The truth is that no one in my RL knows that I write this stuff.  I guess they think I'm answering emails or doing Facebook, never thinking for one second that I'm knee-deep in this fantasy world with tons of other fans that I've never actually met.  The closest anyone has ever come is when an old work buddy wrote me from Chicago and asked (a little sheepishly) if I happened to write fanfic on the side.  His sister is a big fan of my work, and she saw that I used the same picture on Facebook as I do on Fanfiction.net.  She was surprised her brother knew me, and asked him to confirm that I was ficlit78.  It was very surreal.  Small world, ay?  Anyway, I sometimes feel like a masked crusader, writing smut for the masses, never in two places at once, drooling over other writers' smut, then going about my day wearing thick glasses and boring suits while working for the Daily Planet.  When will my deep, dark secret be exposed?  ...dun dun DUN!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment~

Readers Review

Tell us about a great fanfic you have read. You can fill out the embedded form or go to http://bit.ly/FangReview