The Fangreaders Awards: "Meet the Authors" Click here to read the interviews

Thursday 28 February 2013

Meet the Authors Part 11


Morggy
Nomination
The Following Nominations are for the Fan Fiction
“Offshore”
The Nan Flanagan Award      Best Villainess in a Fanfic
This award is for a fanfic that has the best villainess (female villain).  Character can be canon or original character.
The Preston Pardloe Award     Best Mystery Fanfic
Any size fanfic that has a well written mystery plot.

The Interview
1. What inspired you to write and how long have you been writing?
As soon as I started reading the impulse to write began. I loved stories and fiction and I would spend many hours daydreaming my own stories with my own characters and that’s what started it. I think I have been “writing” since I was in my teens (I’m 31 now). Nothing I would show anyone at that time (or now even) but it helped me practice and find my style and everything. It was fun.
2. Do you have a plan for the end of your story or do you make it up as you go along?
It depends. There are stories I plan and stories I just let happen (including here unpublished things). The ones I do have sort of outlines for don’t necessarily pan out like I first envisioned them. But I think ultimately, no matter what happened in the course of the story, when I plan something, I do get my characters where I wanted them to be when I started writing – the manner in which they get there, however, might surprise even me!
3. Who are your favorite SVM/TB characters and why?
Sookie and Eric obviously! I have a TB bias though – I like them especially how they’re written for the show and at present I have some reserves about the path the books have taken (butter spread too thin, I guess?). The why is a bit cliché. They’re loyal, they’re fierce and they love – what’s not to like?
4. What was the first fan fiction story that you read?
I wouldn’t know at this point! If you’re referring to this fandom only, it was probably something by Sleepy Lotus.
5. What question would you like to be asked and never have been?
I honestly can’t think of anything!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment~

Readers Review

Tell us about a great fanfic you have read. You can fill out the embedded form or go to http://bit.ly/FangReview