The Fangreaders Awards: "Meet the Authors" Click here to read the interviews

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Meet the Authors Part 9

makesmyheadspin
Nominations
The following nominations are for the fan fiction
“The Playground”
The Callisto Award     Best Written Erotic Fanfic
This award is for a fanfic that excels in the art of lemon writing.
The Lorena Ball Award     Best Oh My God Sex Scene Fanfic
This award is for a fanfic that has at least one sex scene that made you say "Oh My God"
The Interview
1. What inspired you to write and how long have you been writing?
  • I’ve been writing since I was old enough to tell a story. I think I started to get serious about it when I was in my early teens because it was a better way of coping with stress and life than by doing a lot of the stupid things teenagers do to cope. Writing is like therapy for me and I’ve been doing it ever since I discovered that I could.
2. Do you have a plan for the end of your story or do you make it up as you go along?
· I wish I was a little more organized when it comes to plotting and that I could sit down and write an outline for the entire project but that’s just not my style. I can plan in stages but sometimes the story presents me with opportunities and the characters take over, outline be damned. Sometimes I feel like writing with an outline has a way of making a story feel too contrived or forced. I want what I write to feel organic so when little surprises spring up that I didn’t count on I’m always a little weary of them, but usually they end up being good surprises that take me in directions I didn’t know I was going to go when I started. I very rarely know how a story is going to end when I start it. Usually I don’t know the ending until a story is close to being finished and I like not knowing where it’s going to end up.
3. Who are your favorite SVM/TB characters and why?
· My favorite SVM character would have to be Eric, and not because of his Viking sex god reputation. I think it’s fascinating to have a character with so much untapped potential. If she wanted to, Charlaine Harris could make a fortune writing a series just about this character alone. He’s got more than a thousand years of history in his head. That’s a lot of memories and a lot of whacky vampire hijinx to get into. What we know about Eric is very basic in a lot of ways and there is plenty of room to expand on his character. It’s a little sad that it hasn’t happened, but I suppose that’s what good fanfiction is for.
· I liked Sophie-Anne in the books. While she did send Bill to try and capture Sookie for her, there was something that was also rational and likeable about her. She didn’t have the attitude of a spoiled child like she did on the show. In the books she seemed to genuinely care about Hadley. The book version of her was much more sensible and pragmatic, even if she was also a sneaky bitch I wouldn’t want to meet in a dark alley.
· Pam is my favorite True Blood character, most of the time because she has no problem saying exactly what she thinks and doesn’t seem to give a single care about whether or not she’s being inappropriate, rude or offensive. I admire people that speak their mind.
· I’ve also really come around where Jason is concerned. He may never be the brightest star in the heavens, but he’s trying to be a better person and I admire that, too. On top of that, Jason is one of those characters where when he’s right, he’s so right it’s scary. It doesn’t happen too often but when he hits the nail on the head it really makes you stop and think.
· I’m also a big fan of Jessica. I think she’s a brilliant addition to the family, so to speak. She’s staring down immortality and trying to balance all of his perceived freedom with a vampire society that has its rules and procedures. Additionally, she’s got this nightmare of a maker that has tried to get rid of her essentially every chance he gets and I wonder if that’s better or worse than the abusive father she had as a human.
  • In this past season I really loved the budding relationship between Russell and Steve Newlin, if only for the sheer comedy of it. I’m curious to see what will become of Newlin this year and I really, really want to know who turned him. I loved Russell as well but all good things must come to an end, so it was time for him to meet the true death… even though I will definitely miss his one-liners.
4. What was the first fan fiction story that you read?
  • I don’t remember what the first one was I read ever because I was reading One Tree Hill fanfiction before I got into SVM, but the first one I read for this fandom was greenlemons’ “I Love You, But I’ve Chosen Darkness”. It’s a great canon fic that I still recommend to newbies that ask me for those types of stories. I think the first all human story I got into was Missus T’s “Halo Effect.”
5. What question would you like to be asked and never have been?
If you could get into another writer’s head and steal a plot idea from them, whose head would you get into?
· It’s a tie for me. I love Missy Dee for the realism she puts into a lot of her stories. She’s not afraid of taboo type subjects and she writes it all very well. I would also love to have kjwrit’s gift for writing comedy. The best part about it is that it’s not forced. I have millions of text messages to back that up. She’s a very funny person and it really comes through in her writing. My sense of humor doesn’t translate quite so well or maybe I just don’t have that voice. Whatever the reason, I admire her ability.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment~

Readers Review

Tell us about a great fanfic you have read. You can fill out the embedded form or go to http://bit.ly/FangReview