The Fangreaders Awards: "Meet the Authors" Click here to read the interviews

Monday 25 February 2013

Meet the Authors Part 5


Alskl1ng
Nominations
The following nominations are for the fan fiction
DayWOman
The Baby Jessica Award    Best Fanfic for a New Author
This award is for a fanfic from a first time author who has posted their first story after 1st of January 2012.
The Charles Twining Award     Best Action Fanfic
Any size fanfic that has at least one well written action scene.
The Interview
 
1. What inspired you to write and how long have you been writing?
I started writing immediately following Super Bowl XLVI (February 5,, 2012). I was devastated after another loss by my beloved Patriots, so I started writing to ease the pain and distract me from football during the offseason. As far as inspiration, the beginning of DayWOman was spawned from my job. I’m a recruiter, so having Sookie find and interview for a job was something very familiar and easy for me to write.
2. Do you have a plan for the end of your story or do you make it up as you go along?
When I first started, I was making it up as I went. For my very early readers, they might have noticed that I had categorized DayWOman as Friendship. I was aiming for a very slow burn with Eric and Sookie, but the Viking muse in my head wasn’t happy with that and it turned into a full-fledged romance fairly quickly. After that, a lot of things clicked into place and I had more direction and structure. Timeline became very important to me after a while and I aimed for certain events to happen on specific days. It was very exciting to get to post a chapter set on New Year’s Day actually on the day. I really enjoyed the process and trying to find what worked best as I went along. The readers not only helped with motivation to write, but in giving me direction and tying up loose ends.
3. Who are your favorite SVM/TB characters and why?
I’m married to a Swede, so I’m a little biased. Eric Northman all the way. In both SVM and TB, his character has the best back story, layer upon layer of character development and he’s effing hot. Aside from the Viking, I love Lafayette and the humor he brings to Bon Temps.
4. What was the first fan fiction story that you read?
I’m not actually sure. As far as SVM, I think it might have been something by Wylis. Her stories are not long, but they pack a lot in the small package. She likes to take our beloved SVM characters to new and interesting places and it’s a wonderful rollercoaster ride for a reader.
5. What question would you like to be asked and never have been? 
I usually am the person asking the questions at my job, so this is actually a hard question for me to answer. However, I’m game, so I want to end with one. A game of M/F/K.
Question: Marry, f*ck or kill? The following TB characters: Bill Compton, Alcide Herveaux, and Eric Northman.
Answer: Marry Eric, F*ck Alcide and Kill Bill. I’ll marry Eric because then I’d have an all access pass to the Gracious Plenty, fuck Alcide because he’d be an animal in bed and the cuddling would be nice afterward, and kill Bill because he sucks at being undead and it has a nice ring to it.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment~

Readers Review

Tell us about a great fanfic you have read. You can fill out the embedded form or go to http://bit.ly/FangReview