The Fangreaders Awards: "Meet the Authors" Click here to read the interviews

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Meet the Authors Part 10

Tradermare
Nomination
The Bill Compton Award     Best Angst Fanfic
Any fanfic with dark themes can be submitted.  If it contains any extreme scenes, there needs to be some sort of warning to the reader.
“Heartsdesire”

The Interview
1. What inspired you to write and how long have you been writing?
Reading inspired me to write, and I ended up spending a good part of my career doing technical writing. I didn’t even know about fanfiction until I met a lovely community of women through watching True Blood and then reading the SVM books. Then I found fanfiction and realized I had some stories to tell about these characters too.
2. Do you have a plan for the end of your story or do you make it up as you go along?
I’m more of a plotter than a pantser, although I like to leave the door open for the characters to steer me in other directions. Being open to other ideas and not being too rigid to the plot is one of my favorite parts of writing but I do have to have some idea of the overall story arc. Most of the time, I know how things will end up, and I’ve been known to write in reverse (ending first and working back to the beginning.)
3. Who are your favorite SVM/TB characters and why?
I have to say it was Sookie that made me love SVM and then Eric cemented that for me. I love her spunky, no-nonsense, helpful personality and I love his practical side. They make a great pair and balance each other out quite well.
4. What was the first fan fiction story that you read?
I don’t remember the name of it. It was so long ago. I do remember it was a Bill story. Might have even been during the first season of TB before I read the books.
5. What question would you like to be asked and never have been?
Why do you like to write collaboratively?
Writing with a partner satisfies two things for me. I get to talk about the books and characters in depth with someone who loves them as much as I do, and the plot ideas often go in directions I hadn’t thought about. So it’s a win-win situation. I like to write both solo and collaboratively.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment~

Readers Review

Tell us about a great fanfic you have read. You can fill out the embedded form or go to http://bit.ly/FangReview