The Fangreaders Awards: "Meet the Authors" Click here to read the interviews

Monday 25 February 2013

Meet the Authors Part 3

EricizMine
Nominations
The Nan Flanagan Award    Best Villainess in a Fanfic
This Character can be canon or original character.
“Euro Pass”
The Bubba Award   Most Original Plot for a Fanfic
This award is for a fanfic that has the most original plot line.  Characters can be canon or A/U.
“Rubbernecking”
Mr Cataliades Award    Best Series Fanfic
Must have at least one completed fanfic with at least one continuing story (the sequel may be a multi-chapter fic, a one shot, or an outtake). Sequel does not need to be completed.
“The Multiverse” 
The Ancient Pythoness Award   Best Fanfic Published Before 2011
This is for fanfics that were published before January 1st 2011.
“Bored to Death”
The Bill Compton Award    Best Angst Fanfic
Any fanfic with dark themes can be submitted.  If it contains any extreme scenes, there needs to be some sort of warning to the reader
“Euro Pass”
The Sookie Stackhouse Award   Best Romantic Fanfic
Pick your favourite swoon worthy fanfic for this award. 
“In The Dark”
The Interview
1. What inspired you to write and how long have you been writing?
I’d have to say my original inspiration was impatience. I found SVM when my sister-in-law recommended True Blood while it was still in its first season. I was way behind the learning curve. All I knew was the next SVM book (I believe I was waiting for Dead and Gone, at the time) and the next season of True Blood were both still months away and I needed more. More. More. More. I’d never heard of Fan-Fiction until a Google search sent me to http://truebloodwiki.wetpaint.com/
At the time, there were dozens of options for feeding my addiction. I read the shorter stories first, and devoured everything in a binge. When I was finished, I had an idea or two of my own, and still had to find something to do to fill my time until SVM/TB was fresh again… hence the birth of my personal monster.

2. Do you have a plan for the end of your story or do you make it up as you go along?Yes, my stories have a plan, a loose framework I intend to follow, but the majority of what I write has a more organic development.
3. Who are your favorite SVM/TB characters and why?Hands down, Eric Northman. I love his calm demeanor, his loyalty, his humor. He’s a bad boy with values. He has conflict and flaws, but has his priorities. He really is a beautiful character, not just as Alexander Skarsgard portrays him, but as Pam’s Maker and Sookie’s love interest.
Other than Eric, the characters I find myself most interested in are the ones who don’t get a lot of press. I want to know more about them, their motivations, their back-stories. I want to know what their motivation was to do/say ‘______’ and I’m always waiting for my next ‘encounter’ with them.

4. What was the first fan fiction story that you read?I tried to think back that far, but I’m at a loss. I concentrated on Eric/Sookie stories. I avoided All Human stories. I preferred ‘R’ and ‘NC17’ ratings… But none of that really mattered, because I eventually read all of them, I think. I remember a heated internal debate over whether to read Let Love In or Late first. Both of them had plenty of chapters. To this day, I’m still torn between those two stories as my favorite, and they’re the first stories I remember reading.
5. What question would you like to be asked and never have been? I’m actually still waiting for my readers or betas to ask several questions, but since they’re story related questions, I’m not saying.




























2 comments:

  1. We love ya Ang. We are so hopelessly addicted to your stories!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love ya Ang. Your stories are hopelessly addicting and keeps us twitching for more always!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment~

Readers Review

Tell us about a great fanfic you have read. You can fill out the embedded form or go to http://bit.ly/FangReview